Monday, September 12, 2011

Project Vegan - Day 1

Well after not updating this blog for about a year, why not start now and tell everyone about me being a Vegan for atleast 3 months?

No meat, dairy, or oils/fats.

I plan to post SOMETHING, everyday to help hold myself accountable, and to journal the journey so to speak. This post is going to be quick due to my having to pee so bad right now and my exhaustion from the day.

I have a feeling these posts are going to be real and raw (almost as raw as the food I will be eating! haha).

So for the next 90 days, I will share my journey - Dr.'s orders to follow the program, and I'm taking it on as a challenge and I guess you could say project. I will probably detail more about this later.

My food for today:

Oatmeal, dried apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk. Stevia for sweetness.
This was very filling and I could eat this every morning!

For lunch, an awesome almost orange soup (that's really the title, I'm not making that up) out of the book I'm using as a reference. It was really good. LOTS OF VEGETABLES, red lentils and acorn squash and sweet potatoes to thicken. To go with it, 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, the sesame one. Toasted it's really good and you can dip in the soup.

Drive home: Green smoothie and nectarine. I was pretty hungry so I had to have the nectarine!

On the way to Zumba, a whole carrot.

Dinner, black bean and corn salad with an Ezekiel tortilla. It was really good. Lots of cilantro.

Ok, bedtime. Gotta get up at 5am and do it all over again.

1 comment:

Dezaree said...

wOW....I am so impressed that you're doing this....More motivation for me to get my trash in gear too!