Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 8 - Best day yet

Ok, so I weighed this morning and it said I gained a pound. What the eff?? That bugs me so bad. HOWEVER, I won't let that deter me from pressing forward. I have a feeling I'm not eating enough and my body is trying to hang on so desperately to what I want to get rid of!!!

Today's food was FANTASTIC! I had leftover quinoa and beans concoction for lunch. Breakfast was a Vegan muffin that I found at Trader Joe's - bought a 4 pack, Jason liked them too. Looks like I will be picking up some more of those. Made without eggs or meat products. I was STARVING when I got home, so had some Ezekiel cereal with Oat milk which is yummy. For dinner I made a new recipe, (THANKS ADRIENNE!), hearty lentil stew. Green lentils, fresh tomatoes, spinach, carrots, garlic, onions, oregano, and parsley. It really was like a stew. Chunky and good. There is A LOT so I might be freezing some. Jason and I will have it for lunch tomorrow.

ZUMBA was off the hook tonight, I just love it so much!! Still feeling a bit faint at times....but getting better. I think I'm just sensitive to all these food changes. But I noticed tonight in Zumba that I had more energy. I am also going to start lifting weights. I want my body to change shape. I KNOW I'm getting healthier on the inside, but I want to SEE it too!

And I just have to mention again, how PROUD I am of Jason. He has done SOO well, and I know he's seeing the benefits of a plant based diet already in just 1 week.

Well, off to bed to read and fall asleep. 5 am comes mighty early! Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving these daily updates even if I'm your only stalker (I'm sure there are more). YAY DREA!!! Keep it up!!!! I was at Trader Joe's yesterday realizing how much I love the stuff there :)

Sheila said...

Whatever Amber, I'm totally stalking too...and loving every post Drea!! You are totally influencing me into wanting to be healthier. This is very inspiring to read.
Speaking of trader joes, I buy their spaghetti squash, cut it in half, cook it in the microwave for about 8 min, then fork through it to make it "spaghetti like" Put some homemeade tomato sauce on it and voila!! Spaghetti!! My kids had NO idea they were sucking down veggies as they devoured it! Muahhhahahahahahahhhhhh!!

Drea said...

Thanks Amber!! And Sheila, we totally did that the other night!! I swear I'm going to be putting more pictures and recipes up soon! Just need to get organized!! Big hugs and kisses to you!!!!!!!