Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 7 - Much better! Week 1 is complete!!

I got so overwhelmed last night that I knew today had to be better than yesterday. And it was! My treat has been some peanut butter on whole wheat bread, I think that has saved me. But I have felt better today. I don't think I am drinking enough water either, so I will increase that.

Tonight we watched the new documentary, "Knives Over Forks" which I think EVERYONE in America should watch! The research based studies on a plant based diet will make everyone think twice about what they eat. It basically sums up the book by Dr. Esselstyn that I have based my plant based diet off of - How to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. And also briefs us on Dr. Campbell's study in China. His book is "The China Study" and that will be my next read.

Tonight's dinner was AMAZING! Quinoa, corn, and black beans with onions, tomatoes, and yellow peppers. Green salad with a lime/orange/honey ginger dressing, and dark purple grapes. It was very filling and super tasty! Annie and Jason loved it too. I will definitely be making that one again. Next time a double batch, and we will have more leftovers. Next time I will also add a can or too of green chiles. If you want the recipe, comment and I will get it to you, or I may just post it.

This week is going to be a doozy! Working everyday for my dad, and Zumba Mon and Tues. night. I might just go to the gym the other nights to get my workout in, even though there won't be a Zumba class. I will try to hit Zumba maybe Friday night and of course Sat. morning. I wish I had more mornings off so I could go more. But it's great for now!

I have a feeling this week will be much better than last. I'm more prepared, and more organized with all my vegetables, fruits, and meals this week. I'm curious what my weight will be in the morning. I will weigh first thing.

Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments: