Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Green

Music moves me in ways that when I'm not sure how I'm feeling at times, it explains exactly what I'm feeling. Lately, I've been kind of hooked on John Mayer. I have never really been a fan of his, but Annie put the album "Continuum" in one night when we were driving, and it's been in there ever since. I LOVE the lyrics to many of his songs, but this one in particular hit me like a brick as I realized it was me right now. I feel I have even moved past this now, but at the time was so perfect. It's definately a process!
"In Repair"
by: John Mayer
Too many shadows in my room
Too many hours in this midnight
Too many corners in my mind
So much to do to set my heart right
Oh it's taking so long i could be wrong, i could be ready
Oh but if i take my heart's advice I should assume it's still unsteady
I am in repair, i am in repair
Stood on the corner for a while
To wait for the wind to blow down on me
Hoping it takes with it my old ways
And brings some brand new look upon me
Oh it's taking so long i could be wrong, i could be ready
Oh but if i take my heart's advice I should assume it's still unsteady
I am in repair, i am in repair
And now i'm walking in a park
All of the birds they dance below me
Maybe when things turn green again
It will be good to say you know me
Oh it's taking so long i could be wrong, i could be ready
Oh but if i take my heart's advice I should assume it's still unready
Oh i'm never really ready, i'm never really ready
I'm in repair, i'm not together but i'm getting there
I'm in repair, i'm not together but i'm getting there

Grateful affirmations lately:

  • Annie
  • Angela
  • Kayla
  • Shawn
  • Sweet baby stomp stomp Tyler
  • 2 Nephi 4 - EXACTLY what I needed to hear this morning! I highlighted almost the entire thing
  • SLEEP!!
  • My bed - it's the best bed in the whole world!
  • My profession - I love it
  • Jason

4 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I am a huge fan of John Mayer's. He is quality for sure and Continuum is his best album.

Adria said...

I love John Mayer.....not him personally...but I decided I can look past his craziness and pretend he is as lovely as his music:)

We need to plan another lunch date at Mimi's!!! xoxo

Annie said...

Oh man that is one of my favorite John Mayer songs...such a good one! So I noticed you put you were grateful for your bed...not likely that bed as much the last couple days a?? ha ha! glad you can get up and move around more!

TERRI said...

Update please!!