Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 9, 10, and 11

This picture is of tonight's dinner! Spicy black bean burger on a sprouted whole wheat bun (Ezekiel - very good! ) with pickles, tomato, and grilled onions. I put ketchup on mine and enjoyed every bite! Can you believe this burger is 250 calories?? The whole thing, bun included!! I was completely satisfied! You all know what brocolli is, and then of course the sliced baked yams which tasted like sweet potato fries, sooooo yummy!! Best meal so far! And even better - Jason cooked the whole thing. I'm truly amazed! Jen, I KNOW Derrell would like this. :)

I can't believe it's been 3 days since posting! I seriously haven't been this busy in a long time. It's all good things, it's just been a while since I've been running from here and there like a maniac. It made the work week go by fast though! Working private practice, 4 days in a row, in Glendale on top of that was hard work. But I will be happy when I get my paycheck!

I went out for yogurt tonight....What is that you say?? "You aren't eating dairy!" Well my friends, many thanks to Jennifer for letting me know that Kokomo has a non-dairy pineapple flavor! I was able to go and enjoy a nice non-dairy treat. If you haven't tasted the pineapple yet, it's fantastic! I sprinkled a little coconut on top and even put 2 cherries on - it was great! I have to say though, I could've done without it! CRAZY! I will tell you what my usual frozen yogurt run would look like. A HUGE mound of vanilla yogurt with LOTS of butterfinger all over. I probably shouldn't say the "B" word anymore - my mouth just watered. It's my favorite candy bar...drool..

I have done so well this week. Things have not even been tempting for me. I know it's because I have COMMITTED to this and have made up my mind. This week at work there was apple pie, pumpkin pie, donuts, and another day of donuts, chips and salsa, and chocolate. Normally I would have a little of everything! That's one thing I've realized - how many "little" things I would have on a daily basis. "Oh, I'm just having a little candy bar, or a bite of this cake, or a sliver of this brownie...." It's so much easier to just say, "No thank you".

We have been eating off of the lentil stew that I made on Monday all week. It is so good! The one thing I have been a little concerned about is my sluggishness after lunch. I don't like this feeling, and I don't like my energy levels to drop. I know my body well, and I think I am having too many starchy vegetables and grains at the same time. I will need to find more balance with that. I am very sensitive to sugars and carbs so I'm going to have to make some adjustments to make sure my energy is sustained through the afternoon.

I finally got a picture posted, but it was an ordeal. I took the pic from my phone, then emailed it to myself, then downloaded it to my computer, then uploaded it to the blog....whew!! Confession: I can't find my camera because it's in one of my purses ( I switch purses a lot) and I haven't taken the time to go through and clean them out. So when I find that, haha there will be more pictures.

I'm so beat and tired, but I'm feeling good and proud of my progress. YAY!

Nite nite





3 comments:

Sheri said...

That hamburger looks awesome.

Ty & Shay Nansel said...

post your recipes Drea!! Ü Especially the burger, i always wanted to try a black bean burger!

Angela said...

It's awesome that you're tracking everything like this! Your getting me pumped to start making more vegetarian and whole food choices! For me and my family! Little steps though... =) I don't want to scare Christian away! =)