Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 2

I'm exhausted, but feeling pretty good tonight. After Zumba, I didn't know if I could move my legs to get out of the car, haha It was pretty funny!

So I forgot to mention that Jason is being such a FANTASTIC husband and doing this right along with me. However, this afternoon I think he had a freak out moment. He was hungry and was out of all the food I packed for him.....Bad combo. I told him if we need to make some modifications for him, that is A-ok. What a trooper!

Today's food:

1/2 of my green smoothie on the ride to work. Included: spinach, kale, collard greens, berries, 1/4 of a lemon, rind and all, banana, apple, and a frozen mix with pineapple/mango/grapes. YUM!

8:10am in between patients I scarfed (and yes I said scarfed because I downed it in about 1 min - the life of a hygienist!) my bowl of oatmeal, dried apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond milk. Too much nutmeg today, but still good.

Lunch - black bean and corn salad with onions, cilantro, and water chesnuts. I warmed up a tortilla (Ezekiel - they are good!) and it got a bit crunchy. It was kind of like chips. I felt very oniony though! Jason hated it, and sent me a text saying, "The salad is not for me." Then, "Guess I'll just go to McDonald's". haha He didn't.

Drive home - the rest of my green smoothie. Got home, sprinted inside, yes I said sprinted, changed clothes, and back in the car to Zumba.

Feeling VERY hungry after zumba, almost sick.... Got home and had leftover vegetable soup which was really good - filling.

Made all the food for tomorrow. I made my own hummus tonight. It was super easy and it tastes really good!

I think this weekend I will be way more organized about this. It is going to take up ALL of my free time otherwise. I will make hummus, cut up vegetables to snack on, cut up green smoothie stuff, make quinoa, and brown rice so it's ready to go. Whoa - this is doable, but it's definitely not easy!! But, I CAN DO IT!!!

Oh, and this is random, but one of my patient's today was IMPOSSIBLE!! I had to give him injections and it was one of the more difficult people to administer too. Difficult personality, dirty mouth, and a "I don't care" attitude. Then why are you here dude? Hopefully I made a difference with him. We'll see.....

Time for bed.....I would like to start posting some pictures of the things I'm making, but one step at a time!

Until tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO DREA!!! (not the vegan thing, but two blogs in two days :) JUST KIDDING!!!) I'm super impressed with both feats--beyond eating all of those healthy veggies (everything sounds pretty yummy) I think the time committment has GOT to be killer. I'm sure you will feel so awesome though when you stick to it!! (and there is no way I could get Cory to EVER go vegan with me for three months...)

Drea said...

Amber, I love you!! haha I don't even know if anyone will read any of these posts, (well, now I know you will!) but it's a great way to be accountable. I can already tell I'm going to feel way awesome, and it's only day 3 so I'm still coming off of sugar and crap! Miss you!!!!