Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 4 and minus 4 pounds!

Today was a great day! I felt really energized during Zumba, except the last 2 songs which my energy was zapped by then. I thought I would be having more withdrawal symptoms from no meat, dairy, sugar, etc. But I only had a headache for the first few days, and today, no headache!

I saw a book that I would like to get, written by 2 dieticians called Vegan for Life. I might order it on Amazon tonight. Talks about many myths and nutrition based evidence on vitamins and minerals that people eating a plant based diet need. The reviews were awesome!!

The other very exciting news is that I've dropped 4 pounds already. I am not doing this for weight loss, but it sure is the non-dairy icing on the cake! haha I am doing this for health reasons based on my Dr.'s recommendations, and the more I have been reading, researching, and learning, the more I know that this will help Jason. His cholesterol is through the roof high, and I want to have him around for a long time! High cholesterol is a precursor for heart disease, obesity, and stroke. He is doing great, and he LOVED dinner tonight!

My food for today:

Autumn Wheat squares (a handful, about a cup) right before Zumba.
-Bought these at sprouts, they are good! Gotta get more.

Green smoothie after Zumba with added Hemp protein powder. Delish! Drank half. Saving the rest for tomorrow, and I don't want to over do it on the fruit. I'm very sensitive to sugar, even fruit sugars, and Dr. Esselstyn cautions about this in the book also.

Black bean and corn salad for lunch with 2 Rye Wasa crackers, yum.

Vegetable soup for an afternoon snack.

Dinner - Spaghetti squash and Nicole's homemade primavera sauce - tomatoes, garlic, onions, red/yellow peppers, and mushrooms - delish. I put too much crushed red pepper in it though, and it was very spicy! Mixed greens with homemade dressing (it had mustard in it, and Jason said it was good! He even spooned on more! haha He HATES mustard!) Ezekial toasted bread with a spinkle of garlic salt.

Dessert - we will be having some dark purple grapes

I noticed a bit of a feeling of sluggishness in the afternoon. I HATE this feeling, and I know it means my growth hormone is down. I want to make sure I get enough plant protein to help this. I'm hoping that new book will talk more about that.

TTFN

No comments: