Sunday, November 4, 2007

Naughty Jason....



Jason was very naughty on Saturday. He broke my number one rule of this family..... NO SUNBURNS! Ever since I was 12 years old, and had the worst sunburn of my life at Seven Peaks in Utah, I vowed I would never get burned again! And so I pass that on to my husband as well and to our future children who will have no pigment in their skin whatsoever - but I digress. So when Jason and I were dating, he got burned a few times, and wasn't so good at putting on his sunscreen. But he has gotten so much better since I have helped him be more educated (hee hee) about the sun and the damage it can do to us pasty white people here in Arizona. The rule was set a while ago that if you get sunburned during golf, you don't golf the next week. Ever since, he has not been burned. HOWEVER.... on Saturday I came home to this adorable face. He said he didn't have his Arbonne sunscreen in his golf bag and just couldn't bare to put anything else on his face. "I couldn't put mineral oil or animal parts on my face!!" (he's a smart man!) How could you enforce the rule with that smile?? I love this boy!

7 comments:

Methodical Wormer said...

OUCH! Can you please come "educate" my golfer?? He refuses to ever wear sun screen. I guess me threatening he'll get wrinkly isn't very motivating:)

Angela said...

Man, that Arbonne stuff must be really good! I thought everything had mineral oil, mushed-up cow juices and other such things. Where can I get some of that? =)

Angela said...

Ok, I know I already posted a comment but I have to say, C'mon Jason! I was there lying in bed with Drea the day after that Seven Peaks trip, unable to move, and I too learned my life-long lesson about the sun. You are a naughty Jason!

Dezaree said...

So is he grounded or not? Geoff and I never confirmed that tonight. Geoff sets burnt all the time golfing. Maybe we should just ground them both....or maybe Jason's wisdom will rub off on Geoff and he will start using the sunscreen. Us pasty white people have got to stick together. ;)

Kristen said...

That is hilarious!!! We are addicted to the Arbonne sunscreen, and I am proud to say I have not been a shade of pink since!!!

Sheila said...

Good rule! It's true...that face is just too nice to actually "enforce" the rule...

Drea, i bet you are a huge pushover with kids!! Auntie Drea is the BEST!!!

OurHappyFamily said...

OUCH!!! Bad Jason. . . will you listen to your wife gosh dang it?!