Monday, November 12, 2007

My Jason...


Last week on Thurs. we had a really great enrichment night - everyone brought soups, breads, and desserts to share. It was touching listening to stories of gratitude and traditions. Well I had signed up to bring Jason's mom's famous apple crisp. I think it is to DIE FOR. So I worked all day, and came home to make it. About a month ago, I bought an apple peeler corer slicer at a Pampered Chef party but hadn't gotten it out of the box, so Jason didn't realize I had a new one. Our old one broke last year, and since then when I make apple crisp, I have to cut, slice, core, and peel by hand. So I tried to get the Pampered Chef one set up, but just couldn't get it so I just said, forget it, I'll just cut them all! Well, about 4 apples into it, Jason walks in with a Bed BAth and Beyond bag and pulls out a new apple corer peeler slicer! He looked at the one I had on the counter, and I looked at the one he had in his hand and we both started laughing! He said he had thought about me having to come home after work and cut all those apples, and thought he would be nice and get me a new one to use. What a sweet heart! He set up my Pampered Chef one in about 30 seconds, and the rest of the apples were done in about 3 minutes. So needless to say, someone will be benefiting from this neat gadget around hmmm, Christmas time?? hee hee


P.S. If you've never used one of these bad boys, it's so worth it! And the Pampered Chef one is fabulous....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Drea, thanks for your comment on my blog. I took all of my negatives to Costco and they put them on cd's for me. It wasn't too expensive and I love finally having them at my fingertips. Good luck!

ashlee said...

What, are you working for Pampered Chef now too?

Methodical Wormer said...

My SIL has one of those and I absolutely adore it! They have one at Williams Sonoma but I just can't justify that much money on one kitchen tool. I'm cheap like that.

Christy said...

Glad you enjoyed Enrichment, I did too! I wasn't sure how much I was going to be able to sit through the program (I might have to spend the whole time running around), but it was great!

OurHappyFamily said...

Best hubby ever. . . I love that story!!!

Sheri said...

Can Jason give Ian lessons? Please...