Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weekend in Vegas











A week and a half ago I went to Vegas to visit my sis and the kids. I was so excited to get away and just play for a little bit. My weeks are jam packed with work, activities, etc. so to not have an agenda was great!
Jason picked me up from the school and took me right to the airport. The flight was so nice - only 43 minutes! I think from now on I will fly every time!
Christian picked me up from the airport and took me to their house. I walked in and Kayla was was in her underwear. She saw me, and normally she would hide behind Angela for a couple of minutes until she got comfortable, but this time she yelled, "Hi Drea!" and ran right up to me and jumped up to give me a hug. What a sweetheart! We had so much fun during the weekend.
I know that a visit will never be complete without a visit to Chuck E Cheese - it's Kayla and Shawn's absolute favorite place to go. So Friday we took the kids there for lunch. There was hardly anyone there, so we basically had the place to ourselves. Kayla is deathly afraid of Chuck E Cheese, she won't go near him when he comes out from the back. It's pretty funny!
Friday night was my favorite night. We went to this gorgeous outside mall with grassy areas and park benches all around. Very quaint and pristine. We walked around a bit, and then let the kids run around in the park area. It was so nice out - a little windy, but nice. The kids loved it!
Saturday, Angela and I went shopping for a few things for her new house. We had fun getting some great deals at Big Lots, Kirkland's, and Ross. My absolute favorite thing she bought was the pictures of the apple and pear- they are from Pier One but we found them at Big Lots for a GREAT deal!
Saturday night they got a babysitter for a few hours and we all went to Lucille's BBQ for some yummy food. After dinner, I went back to the house and stayed relieved the babysitter so Ang. and Christian could go out again. And I have a funny story of when I put Kayla to bed.
So we're getting ready for bed, and Kayla is very particular about her routine at night. I promised her some ice cream earlier, so she got her pajamas on and kept saying, "ice cweam?" with a big grin - of course I had to say yes. Angela usually doesn't give her milk after her ice cream, but after she was done, she looked up at me and said, "milk?" with an even bigger grin! So, I caved and gave her just a little. (sorry Ang, her aunt gets to spoil her) hee hee
Then we brushed teeth, went potty, and got into bed. To preface this, Kayla cannot say her F's - she says P instead of F. So I was covering her up, and she was a little upset. "Drea, cover my Pete" and at first I was like, "What?" Then I got it. She wanted her FEET covered! haha PETE . The rest of the weekend, Ang and I noticed everytime she would say a P instead of and F - When she fell off the couch, she said - "I Pell... That's kinda Punny!" It is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard!
Sunday we went to church, and they needed a piano player in primary, so I helped out. It was fun because Angela is the chorister, and we got to work together! She does such a great job with the kids. There were some OUT OF CONTROL kids that were sitting right by the piano, and I got so annoyed, that by the end I told them to "Knock it off!" The boys were quiet after that.
Monday we hung out and took Kayla with us to shop a little more, and I gave Kayla a few quarters to get a necklace out of the toy machine. I think she liked that! Then it was time to head home, and we went to this cute little chinese place right by their house and had dinner. Off to the airport, and I was sad to leave. But I'm glad they are closer than VA! Thanks for the fun weekend Ang. Love you all! Can't wait for you guys to come next weekend!

5 comments:

Dezaree said...

That "peet" story cracks me up. Too cute. I am glad you had fun. :)

Sheri said...

I'm going to have to check Big Lots out - I love those pictures!

It sounds like so much fun...I wish I had a place to "escape" to every once in a while :)

Christy said...

I love those pictures too... hmmm... where would I put them?

Misha said...

Kayla and Shawn are too cute. Sounds like you had a good time. Now you need to come visit us. Ha! Actually we'll probably be coming to Phx this summer some time. I recently found some cool pictures at Big Lots too. I go every once in a while to see what kind of stuff they have that I don't need.

Angela said...

I just have one thing to say..."And it breeaaks my ha, ah,uh,ah,ah,uh,ah,ah,uh,ah,ah,ah,heart." that you're gone.
But... "All my friends say it's gonna get be-er, be-er,be-er, be-er, be-er, bedda, bedda, beddar."