Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another full, fun-filled weekend

Jason just being Jason!

Smoke follows beauty!

Annie and Jared at Charleston's

This week was packed! And this weekend I didn't really get much of a break until today. So here's how it went:
Friday - HAPPY 2OTH BIRTHDAY ANNIE!! I can't believe my baby sister is 20 years old. We are exactly 10 years apart, so that means I'm getting old! Annie was one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Big dimples and the curliest hair - just like shirley temple. It still is curly, but she straightens it almost everyday! Annie invited Jason and I to go along with her and Jared on her birthday date on Friday night to Charleston's. We had a really fun time. Here is a few things about Annie that I love:
  • She has such a great smile and brightens up the room with it!
  • She has a quiet manner about her, yet she knows where she is going and what she wants.
  • She is a great example to me of having high standards and morals.
  • She is determined, self-motivated, and very independant at such a young age.
  • She has a very strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and lives her life showing it.
  • She was just accepted into BYU for the fall semester and I'm so proud of her! We are going to miss her very much!
  • She comes over for dinner on average about 2-3x/week and hearing her and Jason banter back and forth is pretty entertaining.

I love you sis, and am so proud of your accomplishments so far, and can't wait to see where life takes you next!

Friday & Saturday: I attended the Arizona Dental Convention all day both days. It's an annual thing, and this year Rio Salado paid for my registration fee so I had to get as many credits as possible. Every 3 years I have to have 54 credits of continuing education for my license renewal. It's quite a bit! I learned a lot, and saw a lot of old friends from my graduating class and it was nice to catch up. I even saw one of my students from clinic, and she said, "Oh hi Ms. Boles!" I was like, huh? haha It just caught me off guard. She was introducing me to the group she was with and she stopped and said, "I'm sorry, I don't even know your first name." I told her outside of clinic she could call me Drea. It was kinda "punny" as Kayla would say.

Saturday Night: The boys went to priesthood session and some girlfriends and I went shopping and then met the boys for dinner at Oregano's afterward. Our entire table ordered the "Big Rig" pasta dish and the waiter thought that was pretty funny. When we got home, we both crashed and I couldn't believe how nice it was to know I didn't have to get up for church this morning. I slept for almost 10 hours! It was FANTASTIC!

Sunday: I got up and Jason had cleaned the kitchen and done dishes, which he HATES to do, and I really appreciate him for doing that. Annie came over and we made "eggs in a bag" (thanks Hillary for the idea!) which were fabulous and cinnamon rolls, watched conference, took naps and had a very relaxing day. When I am working hard, I really appreciate the days when I can relax and unwind. We all need it sometimes! My favorite conference talk was President Monson's closing remarks during the second session. I saw a side of him that I really hadn't seen before. He was so funny, and I loved how he talked about his wife. It reminded me a little of President Hinckley, and I really missed him this conference.

Well, on to the next week. Oh, and we booked our trip to NEW YORK for May and can't wait to see Ashlee and have her show us all her favorite things! Jason and I have never been so we are very excited!

PS - THANKYOU Hillary and Dez for helping me get my project done this week. I appreciate you both so much!

9 comments:

Dezaree said...

You are welcome you silly girl. You know that you would have done it for me if I was in a crunch too. So I was happy to do it. Plus, I need to spent as much time with you guys as I can before we leave (sniff sniff). Did that sound gay? Sorry. But you know I love ya!! You are going to have an awesome time in NY. I am so excited for you guys to go. We will have to go again with you guys in the future to see Broadway and stuff. There was so much we didn't get to see while we were there. You'll find out soon enough. Love your guts!

Patti said...

I feel like I drove out to this crazy place at the end of the earth called Queen Creek and got lost in the endless abyss of orange construction cones and dirt roads that move everyday. Oh the days in Chandler, how I miss thee. So do you think my bff's in Del Rio 2nd can get together for some total girl time? I miss you girls.

Sheri said...

New York! I'm so jealous!

OurHappyFamily said...

You don't even need to say thank you... I must say, the bags turned out pretty darn cute! (So did you give Jerry my number for the next project... HA)!

Ms. Boles...I love that you have that title... you strict teacher you!!! This weekend was fabulous and best of all my parents watched Eden! Gotta love getting out with our hubbies and seeing the "real and hilarious" sides of everyone!

Love ya lots!

P.S I should of told you two eggs would be plenty... thats all I ever have! Oops!!

jana said...

WHAT! you updated your blog!!! Wow! I love the Pete story. That is funny. Little kids just crack me up. Glad your weekend was great and you got to rest from your crazy schedule. Girl we need to chill!

jana said...

PS- Annie is 20!!! What?! and who may I add is this cute little lover boy? Details, details!

Annie said...

That's awesome thanks!! Yeah we should go on double dates more often! It was pretty fun, but maybe next time you guys can join us even after dinner. well on second thought.....; )

Sheila said...

I'm seriously envious of you and your sisters, but I've already said that, many times, so on to the next...NEW YORK!! HOW FUN! I'm sure you'll have a blast. Sometimes just having something to look forward to is just as fun as actually going! Well, not maybe not just as fun, but it's still fun! HA! LOVE YOU DREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TERRI said...

I loved President Monson's talk too! I had some reservations about him until I heard that talk~ Well, maybe not reservations, I just have a hard time dealing with change, and I miss President Hinckley so much! But I really felt he is a prophet after that talk!