Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday


Yesterday was Good Friday, so Jason's boss gave all of them the day off. I was so excited, since he never has a day off during the week to go and play. It really was a perfect day!

We woke up around 6:30 and we are trying to read more, so Jason said let's read for a while and then we'll go have breakfast. So I ended up falling back asleep after reading 1 page in my book until 9:30. We got ready and went to Village Inn to have breakfast which was fabulous. I really wanted a piece of pie, but decided not to be a piggie. So then we ran a few errands - bank, gas, Sprouts, etc. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and spent 2 hours browsing for books and sitting at a table. Last weekend, I watched "Becoming Jane" with my sis, and realized I have never read a Jane Austen book. It was a very interesting movie on a few of Jane Austen's experiences that influenced her writing. I wanted to see if I could find a few of her classics, and right before we left we found a hard-bound leather book, beautiful cover of Jane Austen with 7 books in one! $19.95! So that was my great find for the day. We shared a Coke, and then went to the mall and walked around. So after a while, Jason said, "Ice Cream?" But the line was way too long, so we walked outside for a bit - the weather yesterday was AMAZING!! Sunny, warm, beautiful. (Sorry to all of our fam living in the cold!) So we decided it was time to go, and yes, we stopped back at Village Inn to get that piece of pie! ha ha ha. Has anyone had the french silk pie there? Yum!

We went back home after a great day. Jason watched college basketball, and I went for a massage and had a smoothie for dinner. I came home, Jason fell asleep and I watched CSI - It doesn't get much better on a Friday than that!

6 comments:

April said...

Ahhh, I remember the days of being able to be spontaneous. Sounds like fun. Enjoy it while you can!!

Kristen said...

What a fun day!! I love those days when Mark and I both have the day off!! Especially a weekday when all the businesses and restaurants aren't as crowded! I am so glad you guys had a great time!

Sheri said...

The jealousy is practically ooozing off my skin.

Angela said...

Fun day! I can't wait for my massage! =) And yes, I've had that French Silk pie and I wanna paeeece of id wight now! haha =)

Dezaree said...

don't you just love days like that? It seems like Geoff and I never get those anymore....but I remember those days. :)

ashlee said...

Fwench siwk? WHAT DAT?! ME NEVAH HAD A TASTE OF IT!! (There's chocolate around my mouth)