Monday, March 3, 2008

Movie Marathon!


Jason and I were so excited for Saturday because we had been planning our "movie marathon" all week. We had about 5 movie cards saved up from Christmas and birthdays, etc. so we decided to use 3 of them on Saturday. We went to the AMC theatre in Awutukee. This is the theatre that Jason used to go to all the time when he was single. He used to go to movies alone, which I have to say I have never done - I'm not opposed to it, just haven't done it. I kept asking him about it, "So, you used to just buy a ticket and come alone?" I don't know why it made me sad that he used to do that, but I just kept thinking about him going alone and I didn't like it!


Anyway, we bought treats before hand at Walgreen's, and when we got there we got a large drink and large popcorn, which came with a free refill each. Jason was really excited about that! haha We saw 2 movies first, then a break for dinner, and back to movie #3 - JUNO. If you haven't seen it yet, it's AWESOME! I loved it and I definately will own that one when it comes out.


As we were walking out of the theatre, we were approached by a guy with a movie research company who needed volunteers to watch movie trailers and participate in a movie focus group for about an hour and they pay you $75 cash! So, they were all full for Jason's age group but mine wasn't full yet so I'll be doing that this week. I'll let you know how it went. I'd say it will probably be an easy $75 though!


Needless to say, Saturday night around midnight I got pretty sick. YUCK! Not sure if it was just too much junk in one day for me, or if it was our din-din that did it. Oh well, it lasted about 24 hours so I felt bad I couldn't see my CTR class yesterday at church, but I have to say, the fun day out with just me and my Jason was all worth it!

10 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

that sucks you got sick, I really was going to ask where you ate dinner, but nope, I don't think I will...glad to hear from you on the blog. I know you've been super sick and stuff. I've seen Kristen a couple times lately. I wish I could see you too, it's really hard for me, cause I go in every Tues. but Kristen is working of course, sat. I'm stuck here when she's not. One of these Tues. nights we should all plan on going to dinner together though if you all can...

Kristen said...

Bummer that you got sick! I am so sorry! hope you are feeling better today!!! Sounds like you had a really great Saturday! We went to the movies as well! I love going - it really is the only way I can watch an entire movie without falling asleep!!! let me know if you still want to go to Ikea!! Mark and I have been going back and forth between cream drapes or chocolate drapes....such choices! :) We are painting the bathroom tomorrow though - SO EXCITING!

Angela said...

All I can say is... YUM! =) I'm glad you guys got to do that. So fun! And now that you're going to be getting an extra 75 you weren't counting on you can put it towards a 124.50 ( I looked it up) plane ticket to Vegas and play with me for the weekend! =) Im Serious!!!

Kristi said...

man, i haven't done a day like that since high school! how fun! i really want to see juno now - how can i talk ted into it?! did jason like it?

Sheri said...

I loved Juno too. What else did you see? Too bad you weren't at church on Sunday, Max was in fine form.

jana said...

How fun! I loved Juno, saw it twice. I could not stop laughing and crying too, but mostly laughing!

Misha said...

Hope you're feeling better. Kilee and Dusty went to see Juno and loved it too. I still want to see it too. We went to dinner and to see Vantage Point for our anniversary on Friday. It was ok. What else did you see?

Dezaree said...

Juno was awesome huh? Told you so. Glad you're feeling better. Enough with the sickness already!

Christy said...

An all day Movie extravaganza would be a "dream date" for Eric - he LOVES going to movies, so I'll have to plan one for us sometime soon! Great idea! Hope you are feeling better!

ashlee said...

I LOVE MOVIES WHAT FIRST TWO MOVIES DID U C?!? LOLZ1!!!!11!!!!1!!!..?