Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday ASH! b.1984







Well today is my sis. Ashlee's birthday. I'm kind of sad today that she is far away from us and we can't spoil her in person, but I wanted to write a public post just for her to let her know how much she means to me.

Ashlee is one of the most creative people I've ever known. She amazes me at the things she comes up with. I remember when she was in school at Collin's College, she made a video at the end of the year that had projects that she had worked on throughout the year. I saw it and was blown away!! I had no idea how she did some of the things she did with the editing, and dubbing in music; making the camera focus on certain things and other things were out of focus, etc. It was so awesome!!

Ashlee moved to New York in January and I have to say it was one of the hardest things for me. She doesn't know this, but the week before, Jason and I went to bed and I just started to cry. He was worried that something was horribly wrong, but I assured him I was ok. I just said I'm gonna miss Ashlee so much!! I cried the whole day that she left on the plane. She and I have become very close as we've gotten older. So here are some things about Ash that I wanted to share:
  • She is SO funny, and I tell her all the time she should write for Conan O'Brien! Ha ha
  • She is very intelligent. She's got smarts, book and street!
  • She knows just about every alternative band out there and is always sharing new music with me that I love. (Even though she'll ask me, "so do you like this?" and I'll say "yes" and she'll say "No you don't, you're just saying that!") You brat!
  • She is so good with kids.... Hhhmm, maybe that's why she is a nanny. It is so fun to see her with Kayla and Shawn - she loves them so much!
  • She has a certain body talent that I won't make public, but I don't think anyone else in the world can do that! haha
  • She makes me laugh more than anybody, and one of my favorite things to do in life is to laugh - Thanks ASH!
  • She has the prettiest blue eyes- crystal blue.
  • She has beautiful dark brown, almost black hair - what a combo!
  • She has olive colored skin that turns brown when she tans - unlike the whitey's in the fam. like say - me and Jason.. haha
  • Her smile lights up the room :)
  • I love our early morning talks when I'm driving to work - 3 hours ahead in NY!
  • She was so brave to move to NY by herself and I truly admire her for that! What courage!

Ash, I love you a lot and I can't wait for our visit in May! Jason loves you too and we both miss you a lot.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy birthday Ash!!! Yeah to us 1984-ers! :)

Angela said...

Ditto... =)

Sheri said...

That was such a sweet post! Happy Birthday to Ashley!

P.S. I am totally diggin' the music on your blog

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

ashlee said...

Haha!! What the crap? 'Celulite' makes some excellent points. A kiss and hug.

jana said...

Happy birfday dude! Love your guts Ash!