Thursday, September 9, 2010

Get out of this funk!

I'm trying to get myself out of the funk I've been in lately. It's been pretty bad and I've been trying everything - reading my scriptures, praying, and going to the temple a lot! Another thing I'm going to do is write and post about what I am grateful for during that day. I feel that this will help me live more in the moment and appreciate where I am at right now. So here is what I am grateful for TODAY:

1. I'm so GRATEFUL that I was not rear-ended this morning in traffic! The guy behind me was looking at the accident on the side of the freeway, and I watched him in my rearview mirror as he was about to come crashing in to the back of my car. Thank heavens he slammed on his brakes and came probably 2 inches from me. Thankyou Thankyou!!

2. I was able to help several of my students today sitting chairside with them and telling and showing them how to scale better. I know several had light bulb moments today, and that is such a great feeling knowing that I was apart of that.

3. One of my students introduced me to her dad today who was in her dental chair, and she said, "This is my favorite instructor". Aw, such a great feeling.

4. I was told many times today, "thankyou" and "I appreciate it".

4. It was my last day of clinic for 2 weeks and it was a really great day. Very productive, busy, and active but no real problems that made me want to pull my hair out! I love teaching!

5. When I got home from work, Annie had the kitchen sparkling clean - that's a nice feeling!

6. Tonight I completed day 15 of the 30 day shred. I am halfway there to my goal of working out with Jillian 30 days in a row! I did the last minute of abs and only rested once which is a miracle. I did 15 of the plank twists and have not been able to do many at all thus far. My endurance is getting better already! I am feeling great, but she kicks my butt everytime!

7. And...Dez had her baby girl tonight!! She texted me before she even held her yet. I can't imagine the joy she is feeling after waiting 9 long years for this miracle of hers. Gives me hope!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU DREA!!!! And I did the 30 day shred!! Not sure if I did it for 30 days but I LOVED it.....although level 3 is a bit rough---can't wait to see you this weekend!! You're positive attitude is always just a wonderful example!!!

Sheila said...

I'm loving reading this "gratitude journal" you have going! And I'm grateful you weren't rear-ended too, that is one of the WORST feelings!! You make me miss teaching a little too! --So nice to feel appreciated. Love you!!!

Annie said...

Good idea! There are always good things going on in our lives that we often overlook so recognizing even the little things makes a big difference! : )

Sheri said...

I need to be more grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

I love and admire you so much, Drea.