Friday, September 21, 2007

Pay it forward

So Tuesday I get this call on my cell from this guy saying he found my wallet! I ran to my purse to check, because I didn't even know it was missing, and sure enough it was gone. I remembered getting gas that morning and I must have left it on the top of my car when I took my debit card out. Scott, who was taking his dry cleaning in that morning happened to see it in the road on Alma School and the 202! He had to call 3 different people before tracking me down. He went through so much trouble, and I was so grateful to him, I wanted to give him some cash to say thankyou. I wrote a note telling him how much I appreciated him and how much trouble this saved me and put some cash in an envelope. When we met up and he handed me my wallet I handed him the envelope but he absolutely would not take it. I felt so blessed and happy knowing that there are still honest people in the world! So make sure you put your business card or something with your cell phone number on it just in case you ever lose your wallet and are lucky enough to have someone try and return it to you! Here's to you SCOTT, wherever you are....THANKS AGAIN!! I will make sure to pay it forward....

2 comments:

Geoffrey said...

You are really lucky you know that? We had a "acquaintance" that stole Geoff's social security card, so now we're having to deal with the identity theft situation. And that was from someone who we knew.....so you're really lucky that your stuff ended up in the right hands. Dez

Sheri said...

People constantly surprise me. Maybe I am always expecting the worst, but I am always shocked when someone I don't know does something nice for me.