Saturday, January 3, 2009

Biggest Loser for the New Year



Happy New Year everybody! Just a quick post about the competition that Jason and I are entering. My sister won the last challenge that she competed in so she decided to be in charge of this one and head it up herself. Here's the deal - anybody can enter. It's $20 per person, and there will be a winner I believe weekly, and then a grand prize winner for the pot of money at the end. It's going to be based on body fat percentage lost, just like the Biggest Loser show. The competition is 8 weeks long, and starts January 6th, Tuesday - the same day as the premiere of the Biggest Loser on NBC. The pot is already close to $400! The more people that enter, the more money will be up for winning. And, what a great way to help motivate us all for our New Year's goals and help us stay motivated! If you want to enter, or know someone that does, just email Angela at salazarmay3@aol.com and she will send you all the details/rules etc. There will also be a seperate blog for the challenge where people can share tips, healthy recipes, and success stories.

Here's to a healthy and happy 2009!!

10 comments:

Dezaree said...

Hello my dear! my just read your comments on my blog. Thanks! You're paintings should be on the way, if you haven't gotten them already. We were able to get together with Aaron and Chelsea over the Christmas break, and I gave them to her to deliver to all of you. So pass the word in case Chelsea forgets, that they are "EARLY birthday and Christmas presents" for everyone since I was a goober and didn't get them done in time. Anyway, we need to call and catch up.
I am participating in one of these through my mom's work, and the pot is over $600 right now. It's pretty exciting, so we'll see what happens. Hope to talk to you soon! Miss you.

Dezaree said...

P.S. Don't mind all my typo's! hehe. Also, you can call me anytime you want to. We are in the same time zone now....won't be come Spring. :) Even if you wake me up, I still want to talk to you.

Adria said...

wow that sounds exciting!! good luck:)

The Zemp Family said...

This is so crazy my sister and I were just talking today about doing this exact thing. I'm so sad that I didn't see your blog sooner I totally would have joined. Is it too late I'm assuming so. Anyway if it is I might go ahead and get a different group together to do it. Please don't be offended if I post it on my blog. I don't mean to be a copy cat it's just a really great idea! Anyway good luck I know you can win it!!

Dezaree said...

Happy aBirthday to ayou. Happy aBirthday to ayou. Happy aBirthday dear aDrrrrreeeaaaaaaaaaaaa! Happy aBirthday to ayou. Hope you have a GRRRRRRRRRREAT day! Love ya.

The Zemp Family said...

Hey Drea,
Thanks for responding to me I have decided to not join this group, but maybe get a smaller group together and do it on a weekly or two week basis. I forgot that I'm getting my tonsils removed and will be in no shape to get fit, although hopefully I will shed a couple of pounds due to a liquid diet. Anyway thanks again and good luck!

Ty & Shay Nansel said...

hey you! We can be blogging buddies now! Email me so i can send you an invite to my blog! Your's is too cute!!
-Shaylen

Ty & Shay Nansel said...

oops, my email is shayrenae103@yahoo.com

Neil and Roxy said...

Hey Drea, I found your blog from me being a blog stalker lol. It is very cute:)We can now be blogging friends:)

Misha said...

Hey pretty lady! I think it's time for a new post. Just kidding, but seriously, where are you?