Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Jason - Wed. May 28th!










I am 2 days late writing this, but I know that Jason understands. Happy Birthday to my honey! Wednsday was a good day for Jason. I made him chocolate chip cookies and brought them to his office. Then we went to lunch at Rubio's (yum!) Later I made Jason's mom's recipe of Goulash for dinner. His exact words were, "MMMmm, just like mom's :)" Jason doesn't like birthday cake, so I made another one of his mom's recipes - cherry dessert which also was a hit. I'm glad it turned out because it was my first time making it. Then a couple friends came over to have dessert and open presents. We were both exhausted at the end of the day! So I wanted to share some fun things about Jason to celebrate him and his birthday.

-Jason is one of the most honest and sincere people I've ever met. I admire him for that.
-I can talk to Jason about anything - He is my best friend and I love him for that.
-He always puts a different perspective on things, often helping me make decisions for the better.
-He is a loving son, and loves and admires and respects his parents very much.
-He is a momma's boy, and is very nostalgic about him mom and the food she made him growing up! haha
-Jason has an open mind about so many things. When I really like something and want him to try something, or have an idea that I want him to listen to, he ALWAYS will. And most of the time, he likes it or agrees with me which is fun.
-Jason is a great listener, and usually gives me his full attention (unless golf is on or he is thinking about golf ) haha
Ok, so now on to the golf subject...
-Jason LOVES golf, anything to do with the sport.
-He is a FANTASTIC golfer and really has a talent for it.
-He always looks great and he says no matter how you play, you always have to look good! He owns probably a 100 golf shirts and over a dozen pairs of golf shoes!
-He fits in great with my family, and I LOVE that he loves my sisters so much.
-He is a wonderful brother-in-law and my sisters love him very much.
-Unlike me and most of my family, he is pretty quiet during things that are funny - movies, comedy stuff, whatever.. but then he will laugh out loud hours later about something - it cracks me up!
-Jason pretty much saved "our little boy" Will the cat. I thought he was dead and told him to go dispose of him, but he paid close attention and realized he was still breathing. At 2 days old, it's hard to see a tiny kitty breathing!
-Jason is the hardest worker that I know. He is so reliable and you can always count on him. Often times, he has been the only person to show up for service projects!
-He is always willing to serve, and helps people move all the time. He would do anything for anyone.
-He loves to travel and see new places.
-He is very organized and this is another reason why we are good match - that is not one of my strengths and he balances me that way.
-He is so intelligent and he knows so many facts about so many things. He often refers to them as useless facts, but I call it knowledge.. hee hee
-He can beat anyone at trivial pursuit - Dad, I think he could even take you!
-He loves airplanes and can tell you any model of any one. Impressive!
-He loves movies and just hanging out at home.
-He loves the church and the gospel and knows more about it than I do only being a member for about 5 years.

Jason I love you and am so grateful you are apart of my life. It wouldn't be the same without you!

11 comments:

Dezaree said...

In the famous words of Dez and Geoff: "Happy birthday to...you, Happy birthday to....you, Happy birthday dear....you, Happy birthday to...you"
It still cracks me up that you had no idea that it was us. But that's okay, we just didn't expect you to forget us so soon. Jason, you are such a great guy, and we have been blessed to have had you in our lives. We miss you and Drea soooooooo much, it's not even funny. I hope you had a great birthday. You guys take care of yourselves! See you in August???? Love your guts!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Jason! Hope it was a good one!

Trina said...

Yae! Happy Birthday! Darrel takes the trivial pursuit comment as a challenge! Sounds like a super guy! I especially like that he will do anything for anybody. How sweet! See ya later gater!

jana said...

Happy Birfday dude! I'm so glad you are who you are! You're a stud and we're glad to know you. Love your guts!

Sheri said...

Jason is one of the coolest people I know...Happy Birthday!

wilkinson family said...

Sounds like you had a great B-day, you deserve it!!!

Alli said...

this is alli. need to watch SYTYCD! mine didn't record. make it a girls camp reunion??

Alli said...

ah! how do i email you??

ashlee said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG ASAP!

Unknown said...

here is my comment!! you and jason are awesome and adorable!! It was great to see you yesterday!!! Call me and we can hang out!!!

Sheila said...

Happy B-day! Drea, you're the best lil wife anyone could ask for. I hope that Jason prints this off and saves it. Love your new piano!!!!